Money Smart Milwaukee is supported by the Urban Economic Development Association of Wisconsin (UEDA), as part of Milwaukee’s participation in Money Smart Week Wisconsin.
These activities are part of the Financial Equity Group (FEG), a project developed in partnership with Milwaukee County Cooperative Extension’s Family Living Program. The FEG formed in 2017 and is dedicated to increasing the individual confidence and financial knowledge of residents in Greater Milwaukee. Members include community-based organizations, financial institutions and governmental institutions who provide programs and services in the financial education space.
Recognizing that consumers often don’t know who to trust and where they can go for free, professional help, we work together to promote local resources right here in Milwaukee. Our activities include:
- Administration of the Money Smart Milwaukee website and My Money Help Line.
- Participation in and coordination of Milwaukee-area events and activities for Money Smart Week® in partnership with the Federal Reserve Bank of Wisconsin and the Office of Financial Literacy (OFL) of the Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions.
- Production of a Money Smart Milwaukee Resource Guide, available in all Milwaukee Public Library branches year-round.
- Quarterly meetings that convene practitioners to identify collective strategies and partnerships that leverage current resources to improve financial stability and equity for underserved households.
- A Bank On working group that is focused on increasing access to financial products and services for the unbanked and underbanked.
Click here to view a list of our participating organizations.
Interested in getting involved with Money Smart Milwaukee? Contact us here.
Thank you to the following sponsors whose financial support
helped underwrite the 2018 Money Smart Milwaukee Resource Guide.
Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions